Thursday 25 November 2010

Hamberger Banhof

Today I went to visit the Hamberger Banhof musuem which was very interesting. The building itself was absolutely huge. But with only half an hour before it closed I was only able to run around and see about a third of it. The main attraction for me was the exhibition by Carsten Höller. As you can see below, the exhibition was in the main entrance of the musuem and they had filled the room with wood shavings and reindeers!
Birds are tweeting while you study the animals. Some looked rather bored, and some were rather distressed. This reminded me of another exhibition where a poor little rabbit was left in the middle of a busy gallery. I did think this was a rather cruel way to treat the animals as they will be there until the beginning on February. However, from an art side of things, I thought that the concept between art, science, laboratory and dream was very interesting and innotative. 







Roth, Gartenskulptur






No comments:

Post a Comment