Saturday 30 October 2010

Project 1

Today was my first day at university. I was given the choice of 3 projects. The one I chose is called BIOlogies- Learning from nature. I chose this as I am interested in looking closely into 'Growth and Decay'. I will look at how flowers and vegetables and how they decrease in size when they go off. During the project we have been asked to use nature as a starting point and inspiration to explore the relationship between man and his environment. We have to study the structures, principles and 'technology' of biology and the approaches to biomimetic design in order to learn from nature in our studio practice work. 'Within the context of textile and surface design, by investigating strategies and mechanisms observed in Nature, we will conceptualise and develop new materials, surfaces, systems, models, processes and/ or objects.'

No comments:

Post a Comment